Take a Personal Inventory
- Are my associates, clients or family saying that my behavior has changed or that I don’t seem myself?
- Is it difficult for me to maintain a routine and stay on top of responsibilities?
- Have I experienced memory problems or an inability to concentrate?
- Am I having difficulty managing emotions such as anger and sadness?
- Have I missed appointments or appearances or failed to return phone calls? Am I keeping up with correspondence?
- Have my sleeping and eating habits changed?
- Am I experiencing a pattern of relationship problems with significant people in my life (spouse/parent, children, partners/associates)?
- Does my family have a history of alcoholism, substance abuse or depression?
- Do I drink or take drugs to deal with my problems?
- In the last few months, have I had more drinks or drugs than I intended, or felt I should cut back or quit, but could not?
- Is gambling making me careless of my financial responsibilities?
- Do I feel so stressed, burned out and depressed that I have thoughts of suicide?
If you answered YES to one or more questions, you owe it to yourself, your family, your clients and our profession to contact:
Nassau County Bar Association Lawyer Assistance Program (LAP)
Beth Eckhardt, LAP Director, 516-512-2618
LAP Helpline 888-408-6222
All communications are always strictly confidential.